A Mildly Excessive GTI
VW names it Golf GTI Excessive.
The name is dramatic sounding but the mods are anything but.
What do you get?
- a wider track and 30mm wheelarches. each.
- beefier 370 mm diameter brake discs (310 mm rear)
- new 19-inch flow-formed BBS motorsport-derived alloy wheels
- stiffer suspension springs and dampers
- The 2.0-litre TSI engine is left unchanged – (this is what I mean – How can it be justifiably named excessive?)
- a free-flowing exhaust system raises power from 210 PS to 214 PS torque rises from 206 to 211 lbs ft
- a deep front splitter and a pair of revised airdams either side of the front grille
- a new rear diffuser framed by a set of titanium-tipped exhaust pipes
- a redesigned wing mounted above the rear window
- redesigned bucket seats with integrated headrests