2010 Golf R : Now Official
Well here it is – the new Golf R.
Not R20t and not R20.
Just Golf R.
This is what the Mk6 Golf GTI should have looked like. And a Golf R ought to be even more macho looking than this.
But this is what you get .
- 4motion four wheel drive
- Turbocharged TSI 2 litre engine (same unit as Scirocco)
- 270hp at 6000rpm (boost 1.2bar)
- 350Nm torque at 2500 to 5000 rpm
- 250kph top speed
- Standstill to 100kph 5.5s (with DSG)
- 25.4s to reach 1000m (R32 took 26.7s)
- 8.5 liters of fuel per 100km (20% better than the R32)